Last updated: 12/27/2021
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we treat it.
The following are categories (with non-exhaustive examples) of personal information we may collect about you:
A. Individual Identifiers and Demographic Information
Contact information, such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
Account information, such as the username and password you provide when you register for an account.
Online identifiers, such as IP address and mobile device ID.
B. Geolocation Data
Precise geolocation, which we will collect if you choose to share your location when using the App.
C. Commercial Information
Asset information, such as details about the asset for which you want to purchase a protection plan (i.e., year, make, model, odometer/hours, weight class, length, engine size, purchase price, line of business (personal/commercial), intended use (rideshare), VIN and VIN-related data, information relating to a support or service issue, recall information, warranty information, and lienholder/loan information).
Warranty information related to your asset(s), such as purchase data, contract purchase price/payment, term, coverage level, and deductible.
Claim information, such as claim data, claim number, details of claim, claim status, claim paid amounts, financial information (such as loan status, lienholder, and last payment), and other claim-related information.
Preferences, such as your marketing or communication preferences.
Communications, such as information associated with inquiries you submit to us and any feedback you provide.
Payment information, such as bank account information or payment card data and billing address.
D. Internet or Network Activity
Device information, such as computer and mobile operating system, operating system type and version number, wireless carrier, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, general location information such as city, state, or geographic area, and other device information collected automatically.
Online activity information, such as linking pages, pages or screens viewed, time spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about activity on a page or screen, access times, duration of access, and other online activity information.
In addition to the categories described above, we may also collect the following categories of personal information about certain business partners, such as our agents and sellers:
Examples relevant to certain of our business partners
E. Sensitive Personal Information
Agent or seller onboarding information, such as financial information, Social Security number, driver’s license number, and other information we may request to perform background checks, review applications, support our compliance activities, and onboard our agents and sellers.
Tax information from certain affiliate network partners, such as Social Security number, ITIN, and EIN.
F. Professional or Employment-Related Information
Agent or seller employment information, such as title, employment history, education, job qualifications, current or past job history, and other professional or employment-related information.
We may collect personal information about you from the following categories of sources:
Personal Information You Provide. We collect personal information that you provide to us, such as in the following scenarios:
• Information you provide when you communicate with us. If you contact us by phone, email, live chat, Contact Us form, social media, or by some other means (either through our Platform or through Third Party Services), we collect the personal information that you provide.
• Information you provide by filling out forms, registering an account, or otherwise on our Platform. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to or ordering any products or services through our Platform, posting material and/or user contributions, or requesting further services or assistance.
Third Parties. We may receive or collect personal information about you from third parties, such as:
• Third Party Services. Our Platform may provide integrations with or contain links to Third Party Services. If you link to any Third Party Services from our Platform (such as when you connect a Third Party Service to create an account on the Platform), we may collect some information about your use of the Third Party Service. We will only be able to collect the information if you've authorized the Third Party Service to provide us with that information or if you've made the information public. Additionally, if you mention us through your Third Party Service, we may collect information and content related to your comment that is publicly available. If you wish to limit the information available to us, you should be sure to manage the privacy settings of your Third Party Services. One thing we will never store is your Third Party Services password.
• Service Providers and Business Partners. We may collect personal information about you from our service providers and business partners, such as car dealerships, vehicle service providers, data licensors, public sources, advertising partners (including affiliate network partners that help direct potential customers to our Platform), and background check providers.
• Related Companies. We may receive personal information about you from our affiliates, subsidiaries, and other related companies.
Personal Information Collected Automatically. We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically collect information about you, your computer or mobile device and your activity over time on our Platform and other sites and online services. For example, whenever you interact with our Websites, we may automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including the online identifiers, device information, and online activity information described in the chart above.
• Other technologies such as “log files,” “pixel tags” or “web beacons”. When you access our Platform, our servers automatically record information sent from your browser, which may include the online identifiers, device information, and online activity information described in the chart above (such as your web request, IP address, domain names, referring Uniform Resource Locator, browser type, browser language, and operating system; the date and time of your request and access; and cookies that may uniquely identify your browser). We may combine information collected automatically with other personal information we have collected about you in a manner that enables us to trace this information to an individual user. In addition, pages of our Websites, App and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as “clear gifs,” “pixel tags,” and “single-pixel gifs”) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity).
• Software Development Kits. Software development kits, or SDKs, are third-party computer codes used in connection with the App for a variety purposes, including to provide analytics regarding your use of the App, to integrate with Third Party Services, to add features or functionality to the App, or to facilitate online advertising. SDKs may enable third parties to collect information directly via the App.
To Provide the Platform and Our Products and Services. We may use your personal information to:
• provide and operate our Platform and our business;
• deliver our content, products, and services to you and allow you to review our services;
• create and maintain your account or profile or registration for the Platform or our events, products, and services;
• monitor and improve your experience on the Platform;
• provide you with customer support and communication and review and respond to your requests;
• communicate with you about the Platform and send you notices about your account, which may include expiration and renewal notices;
• review and assess your asset for a protection plan;
• monitor your claims;
• process your transactions, send you invoices, and monitor your subscriptions; and
• enable security features of the Platform, such as by sending you text messages to authenticate or verify your account and remembering devices from which you have previously logged in.
Research and Development. We may use your personal information for research and development and analytical purposes, which may include generating and analyzing statistics about your use of the Platform for performance improvements, research, testing, developing new features, functionality, providing services, and other business purposes. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified, or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We transform personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Platform and promote our business.
For Compliance, Fraud Prevention, and Safety. We may use your personal information and disclose it to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate to: (a) maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Platform, products and services, business, databases and other technology assets; (b) protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (c) audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies; (d) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Platform; and (e) prevent, identify, investigate and deter suspicious, fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
Direct Marketing. We may use your personal information to send you Axiom-related marketing information, service recommendations and other non-transactional communications about us and our affiliates and partners, including information about our Platform, promotions or events. You may opt-out of our marketing communications as described in the “Your Choices” section below.
To Comply with Laws and Regulations. We may use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
To Promote Our Business. We may use and publicly disclose personal information of our agents and dealers as part of Axiom PR and social media releases to promote our business or for other marketing/joint marketing purposes.
With Your Consent. In some cases we may specifically ask you for your consent to collect, use, or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
• To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business. We may share personal information with companies and individuals that perform services on our behalf or help us run our business, including companies that provide website development, hosting, payment processing, billing services, database management, website analytics, marketing, and other services.
• To our underwriters. We may share your personal information with the companies that underwrite our protection plans and other products or services we offer.
• To third party affiliate network partners. We may share personal information with affiliate network partners that help us send marketing information, service recommendations and other communications about us and other members of the network.
• To business transaction participants. We may share personal information with a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, potential buyer, or other third parties in connection with any business transaction (or potential transaction) involving a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of all or any portion of Axiom’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding.
• To regulators, authorities, law enforcement, and third parties. We may disclose personal information as part of any regulatory audits or compliance activities, or to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request. We may also disclose your personal information when we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law or respond to a court order or subpoena; to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to protect the rights, property or safety of ourselves or others; or for the compliance and protection purposes described above in the section titled “How We Use Personal Information” (including exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction). We reserve the right to report to appropriate law enforcement, governmental authorities and other third parties any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be harmful or unlawful, with or without providing notice to you.
• To professional advisors. We may share your personal information with persons, companies, or professional firms providing Axiom with advice and consulting in accounting, administrative, legal, tax, financial, debt collection, and other matters.
• To related companies. We may share your personal information with our subsidiaries and affiliates in connection with the Platform and our business.
• To advertising partners. We may also share personal information collected about you with third parties who we partner with for advertising campaigns, contests, special offers, or other events or activities in connection with our Platform. These advertising partners may collect information about your activity on the Platform and other online services to help us advertise our products and services.
We retain your personal information and information stored and collected through our Platform for as long as we have a business or tax need, to satisfy any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements, to establish and defend legal claims, for fraud prevention purposes, or as applicable laws, regulations, or government orders require.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
We take your privacy seriously. Therefore, we use reasonable efforts to take several security measures to help keep your personal information safe, including procedural and technological measures. Please be aware that, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches and no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of the information that we collect.
In this section, we describe the rights and choices available to all users.
Managing Your Account Information. If you have created an account, you can access, review, correct, edit, or remove your account personal information and related content by logging into the Platform and visiting your account profile page. Please note, deactivating your account may not permanently delete, erase or remove your personal information, and such personal information may still be stored by us unless you also contact us regarding your request to remove, delete or erase such information.
Accessing, Correcting, or Deleting Your Personal Information. You may also send us an email at email@example.com, mail to 8651 Hwy N Suite 201, Lake Saint Louis, MO 63367, or call at 844-252-0937 to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. Please include your name and any other identifiable information necessary, so that we may locate your information. Under certain privacy laws you may have a right to access your personal information that we hold about you, however, your rights to access your personal information are not absolute. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical. In addition, we may not accommodate a request to access or change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. If we deny your request for access to, or refuse a request to correct personal information, we shall explain why. For your information, removal of your personal information may impact our ability to provide you or your ability to use our Platform.
Opt-Out of Direct Marketing Emails. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may unsubscribe via the method provided in the email communication or you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
Advertising Choices. You can limit the use of your information for interest-based advertising by blocking third-party cookies in your browser settings, using browser plug-ins/extensions, and/or using your mobile device settings to limit the use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device. You can also opt out of interest-based ads from companies participating in the following industry opt-out programs by visiting the linked websites: the Network Advertising Initiative (http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (optout.aboutads.info). Users of our App may opt-out of receiving targeted advertising in mobile apps through participating members of the Digital Advertising Alliance by installing the AppChoices mobile app, available at https://youradchoices.com/appchoices, and selecting the user’s choices. The opt-out preferences described here must be set on each device and/or browser for which you want them to apply. Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms or do not participate in the opt-out mechanisms described above, so even after opting-out, you may still receive some cookies and interest-based ads from other companies. If you opt-out of interest-based advertisements, you will still see advertisements online but they may be less relevant to you.
Do Not Track. Some browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Declining to Provide Information. We need to collect personal information to provide certain services. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide those services.
Axiom is headquartered in the United States, and we have affiliates and service providers in the United States and other countries. Your personal information may be collected, used, and stored in the United States or other locations outside of your home country. Privacy laws in the locations where we handle your personal information may not be as protective as the privacy laws in your home country. By providing your personal information, where applicable law permits, you hereby specifically and expressly consent to such transfer and processing and the collection, use, and disclosure set forth herein or in any applicable terms of service.
The Platform may contain links to other websites or Third Party Services. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or online services that are not associated with us. We do not control third party websites or online services, and we are not responsible for their actions. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding the collection, use and sharing of your personal information.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children and encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. Our Platform is not directed to children or designed to attract them. You must be at least 16 years of age to use our Platform. We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information about users that are under 16 years of age.
This section applies only to California residents. It describes how we collect, use and share personal information of California residents when we act as a “business” as defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), and their rights with respect to their personal information. For purposes of this section, “personal information” has the meaning given in the CCPA but does not include information exempted from the scope of the CCPA. In some cases we may provide a different privacy notice to certain categories of California residents, in which case that notice will apply instead of this section.
Personal Information That We Collect, Use, and Disclose. We describe:
Personal Information is Disclosed for a Business Purpose
Personal Information is Disclosed for Valuable Consideration
A. Individual Identifiers and Demographic Information
B. Geolocation Data
C. Commercial Information
D. Internet or Network Activity
E. Sensitive Personal Information
F. Professional or Employment-Related Information
Your Rights as a California Resident. The CCPA provides California with the rights listed below:
• Right to Access. You have the right to request that Axiom disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months, including:
o The categories of personal information we collected about you.
o The categories of sources of the personal information we collected about you.
o Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
o The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
o The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
• Right to Erase/Delete. You have the right to request that Axiom delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions.
• Right to Opt-Out of Sales. If we “sell” your personal information, you can opt-out.
• Right to Nondiscrimination. You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination in the form or legally prohibited increases in the price or decreases in the quality of our products and services.
Please note, these rights are not absolute and in some cases we may not be able to respond your request, such as when a legal exemption applies or if we are not able to verify your identity.
• Access and Deletion Rights. To exercise the access and deletion rights described above, please submit a request to us and provide the information we request that is required to verify your request by:
o Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or
o Calling us at 844-252-0937.
• Right to Opt-Out of the “Sale” of Personal Information. Under California law, some of the data we share with our advertising partners may qualify as a “sale” as defined under the CCPA. To exercise your right to opt-out of such “sale”, please:
o Emailing us at email@example.com, or
o Click here: Do Not Sell My Personal Information.
When exercising your rights or otherwise assisting you, we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity. This is a security measure to ensure we do not disclose personal information to any person who is not entitled to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
You may also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. If you do so, we may require the requester’s proof of identification, the authorized agent’s proof of identification, and any other information that we may request in order to verify your request, including evidence of valid permission for the authorized agent to act on your behalf.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee or decline to comply with your request if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within 45 days of your request. Occasionally it may take us longer than 45 days to respond, for instance if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you of the delay, and may continue to update you regarding the progress of our response.